The Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management (COMLRM) is a group of pediatricians appointed by the AAP Board of Directors to address emerging medicolegal issues affecting pediatrics. These are nationally recognized experts in risk management, professional liability insurance and trends in medical malpractice claims.
The Committee on Medical Liability and Risk Management is committed to:
- Alerting pediatricians and pediatric medical and surgical specialists to common causes of malpractice actions and how to prevent medical errors.
- Educating pediatricians on risk management and loss prevention strategies.
- Equipping pediatricians to make sound business decisions when purchasing professional liability insurance.
- Reforming medical liability tort system to be just and fair.
- Helping pediatricians survive a medical liability crisis.
View If You're Being Sued
View Policy Statements
View Publications and News
View Risk Management Seminars
View Committee Roster