The American Academy of Pediatrics 2014 Legislative Conference will take place in Washington, DC June 15-17, 2014. For a detailed agenda and more information about the conference, take a look at the conference brochure.
This conference will give pediatricians the opportunity to attend interactive workshops and in-depth training sessions, while networking with more than 100 pediatricians from across the country who share a passion for advocacy.
During the Conference, participants will:
- Participate in meetings with congressional staff on Capitol Hill to urge elected officials to put children first in their federal policymaking
- Attend workshops on topics of your choice to learn skills like how to craft a meaningful message and how to form coalitions
- Learn about federal legislative topics important to children from policy experts
- Hear firsthand from members of Congress and other guest speakers about the Academy's federal policy priorities and how to advocate at the community, state and federal level
Last year, participants focused their advocacy efforts on keeping children safe from safe from gun violence. Visit www.aap.org/gunviolenceprevention to watch video clips of pediatricians, residents and medical students sharing their stories.
Early bird registration for the conference is $575, extended to AAP members through May 14, 2014. After that date, the fee increases to $600. Each individual will be responsible for airfare, hotel accommodations and meals outside of group functions.
There are a limited number of scholarship opportunities available to cover the cost of registration. If interested in applying, please fill out the application by 5:00 p.m. ET on March 10, 2014.
To register, visit www.pedialink.org/cmefinder
and enter "Legislative Conference" as keywords. Registration opens on February 3, 2014.
- 2014 Legislative Conference brochure with information on logistics, agenda and registration costs
- Scholarship application
- Register for the conference and obtain CME (keywords: Legislative Conference)