The Section on Hospital Medicine (SOHM) is pleased to present a grant program for two international physicians to attend the annual Pediatric Hospital Medicine (PHM) Conference. The PHM Conference, which is the largest gathering of pediatric hospitalists in the United States, is jointly sponsored by the AAP, Academic Pediatric Association, and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
The 3 most qualified applicants will receive up to $3,000 to cover hotel costs and the registration fee. Airfare to the meeting will be the responsibility of the attendee. In order to qualify for the SOHM International Travel Grant you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a physician (MD or equivalent) working outside of the United States or Canada
- Be interested in pediatric hospital medicine and promoting the discipline of pediatric hospital medicine outside of the United States or Canada
- Must be able to communicate in English
If you meet these qualifications,
forward responses to the questions below along with your curriculum vitae to
Niccole Alexander by March 15.
- List your top 2 reasons for attending the PHM Conference.
- Tell us something about yourself – including work experience and interest in pediatric hospital medicine.
- How do you plan to promote hospital medicine in your home country or region (500 words or less)—should you be the recipient of the SOHM International Travel Grant?
2017 Travel Award Winners:
Dr. Maria Lucila Barrionuevo (Argentina)
Dr. Edgar Kalimba (Rwanda)
2016 Travel Award Winners:
Dr. Theony Deshommes (Haiti)
Dr. Lillian M Nyatichi Kebaya (Kenya)
2015 Travel Award Winners:
Dr. Jacqueline Gauber (Haiti)
Dr. Ghulam Mustafa (Pakistan)
2014 Travel Award Winners:
Dr. Hassan Mumin (Ghana)
Dr. Florianne "Rhiza" Feliza Valdes (Philippines)
2013 Travel Award Winners:
Dr. Marcela Maria Monge Iriarte (Chile)
Dr. Mirta Susana Rodriguez (Argentina)
PHM Conference 2016 Recipients with the Subcommittee on Global Health Co-Chairs