The new AAP SOHM Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Travel Grant Program offers $1,000 scholarships to up to 2 nurse practitioners or physician assistants who are interested in attending the annual Pediatric Hospital Medicine Conference.
Primary Goals of the NP/PA Travel Grant Program
- To educate nurses practitioners and physician assistants on the overall field of PHM including leadership, clinical updates, and research amongst other opportunities to learn and engage;
- To begin to integrate nurses practitioners and physician assistants in the AAP SOHM; and
- To offer a relaxed atmosphere where nurse practitioners and physician assistants are able to network with PHM leaders and potential mentors.
Each applicant for the NP/PA Travel Grant Program is required:
- To be a member of the Section and a nurse practitioner or a physician assistant at the time of the PHM Conference.
- To submit a CV and a cover letter (1 page) to Niccole Alexander via email only between January 1 and February 15.
- To demonstrate in the cover letter sustained interest and commitment to PHM either at his/her hospital or through SOHM activities – and to explain what s/he hopes to gain from attending the conference.
Research, QI projects, professional accolades, academic achievements, and philanthropic work are weighed heavily during the selection process as is the quality of the application packet. It should also be noted either in the cover letter or in the CV if a poster has been submitted for consideration for presentation at that same PHM Conference.
Recipients of the SOHM Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Travel Grant Program might be asked to contribute to an article outlining their experiences at the conference for as well as assist with a couple of post-conference activities (i.e., completing a satisfaction survey and recommending ideas for the next conference).
Interested in applying?
All applicants must submit letters of interest and CVs by e-mail only to Niccole Alexander
between January 1st and February 15th.
Notifications will be sent by no later than April 15th.