Corresponding Fellows, Fellows, Fellowship Trainees, Honorary Fellows, National Affiliates, Residents, Senior Members and Specialty Fellows
Dues/year: Fellowship Trainees, Residents and Senior Members - $0*, all other accepted national member types - $50*, Section Affiliates - $60.
* In addition to national dues
Fellows, Senior Members, Corresponding Fellows, Honorary Fellows who are certified by the American Board of Pediatrics or the American Board of Otolaryngology who are interested in contributing toward the objectives of the Section.
Fellowship Trainees who completed training in an accredited otolaryngology residency program, and are currently enrolled in a pediatric otolaryngology fellowship.
Residents who are currently enrolled in an accredited otolaryngology residency program.
National Affiliate Members who work in pediatric otolaryngology.
- A letter of recommendation from the head of the otolaryngology division.
Specialty Fellows must meet the following requirements and submit the appropriate documentation:
- Certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology
a. Copy of ABO certificate is required
- Provide evidence of high ethical and professional standing and clinical experience, as determined by an AAP Fellow or Specialty Fellow, by submitting a letter of recommendation preferably from a Section member in the state/district where the applicant resides. Where there are no members in the applicant's regional area, a letter from any AAP Fellow or Specialty Fellow will suffice.
- A minimum of 75% of professional activities must be devoted to the care of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults through age 21 (documented on application) and
- Completion of a 12-month pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training program documented on application*
*If you have not completed a pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training program, you must also provide
one of the following:
a. Documentation sufficient to demonstrate that more than 75% of office practice and more than 75% of surgery is provided to patients less than 21 years of age as evidenced by surgical case list documenting a minimum of 5 "index cases" in 4 of the 5 categories or 25 cases in a single category (index case list shown below).
b. Completion of a 12-month pediatric fellowship training program (as shown on application) as well as a letter of recommendation from the fellowship program director.
Section Affiliate membership
Pediatric Otolaryngologists not eligible for Specialty Fellowship in the AAP who reside outside the borders of the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico.
- One letter of recommendation from a Fellow or Specialty Fellow who is a current member of the Section on Otolaryngology.
here to join as a current National member.
here to join as a Section Affiliate.
For more information about this section,
Index Case List:
Documentation sufficient to demonstrate that more than 75% of office practice and more than 75% of surgery is provided to patients less than 21 years of age as evidenced by surgical case list documenting a minimum of 5 "index cases" in 4 of the 5 categories or 25 cases in a single category. The case list must be submitted within the past two years of practice post training;
OR a supportive letter from the Fellowship Program director, attesting to the fact that you have completed a 12-month Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship Training Program.
- Excision of laryngo-tracheal papilloma
- Cricoid split
- Laryngotracheal reconstruction
- Removal of foreign body from upper aerodigestive tract
- Ossicular chain reconstruction
- Repair aural atresia
- Cochlear imlant
- Sphenoidectomy, sphenoidotomy
- Surgical drainage periorbital abscess
- Repair choanal artesia
- Nasal polypectom
- Maxillary antrosomy (not maxillary sinus lavage)
- Lateral rhinotomy
- Excision dermoid or other mass lesion
Soft tissue surgery of head and neck
- Excision benign congenital lesions including: thyroglossal duct cyst, branchial cleft cyst or dermoid
- Excision cystic hygroma
- Excision malignant tumor
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Repair cleft palate
- Repair cleft lip
- Pharyngeal flap
- Repair facial fracture
- Repair cranio-facial deformity