The AAP is a partner in this CDC campaign to raise awareness of the importance of using antibiotics wisely.
- This week, the AAP released a revised statement on the judicious use of antibiotics
- AAP press release on the new report and the campaign
- Information for parents is available on Healthychildren.org
- AAP News article for members
- In November, the AAP presented testimony to the federal Interagency Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance (ITFAR), raising awareness of the growing threat to child health from overuse of antibiotics.
- For more information about antibiotic resistance, see the AAP "Choosing Wisely" list.
For more information, click here.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is an organization of 60,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults. For more information, visit www.aap.org.