Information about the AAP FamilY Partnerships Network, how to join, activities and the executive committee.
Family members have been engaged, often informally, in AAP initiatives over many, many years.
- Early initiatives included participation with the Committee for Children with Disabilities
- 1999: Family Voices Liaison named to Medical Home Initiatives for Children with Special Health Care Needs Project Advisory Committee
- 2007: Parent Advisory Group (PAG) established under the AAP Section on Home Care
- 2011: Resolution passed that the Academy develop and implement a strategy to expand the opportunity for parent (family) input and participation in AAP activities and programs
- May 2014: AAP Board of Directors formally recognizes the PAG, across the Academy, for family involvement initiatives.
- October 2014: PAG renamed FamilY Partnerships Network (FPN) Executive Committee. Larger FamilY Partnerships Network launched
The AAP has several policy statements that speak to its commitment to family professional partnerships: