Section Membership is open to the following Member types:
- Candidate Members
- Corresponding Fellows
- Fellowship Trainees
- Honorary Fellows
- International Members
- National Affiliates (Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Physician Assistants, Pediatric Pharmacists, Pediatric Laboratory Directors)
- Medical Students
- Senior Members
- Specialty Fellows
Medical Students - $0*
Residents - $0*
Fellowship Trainees - $0*
Section Affiliates - $60
All other accepted national member types - $35*
*In addition to national dues
Special Requirements: Must be actively involved in some aspect of the study of growth and development in infants, children or adolescents and interested in contributing toward the objectives of the section.
Child Psychiatrists board certified in General Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology who spend a minimum of 50% of their professional activities devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents through age 21.
Applicants must submit:
- Copy of board certification
- A letter of support from a current AAP member in good standing.
Section Affiliate membership
- International physicians not otherwise eligible for Academy membership who spend a minimum of 50% of their professional time working with developmental and behavioral problems in children.
- Allied health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, speech and language pathologists, occupational and physical therapists and social workers who spend a minimum of 50% of their professional time working with children with developmental and behavioral problems.
- Graduate-level students who are interested in development and behavior in infants, children, or adolescents, and who are interested in contributing toward the objectives of the section. This includes those who reside in the United States, as well as those who reside outside of the borders of the United States.
Affiliates must submit:
- Copy of current curriculum vitae
- Copy of medical license in the relevant profession
American Academy of Pediatrics