AAP Healthy Children Flu Site for Families
Find facts and information for families about influenza and the flu vaccine in one location on the HealthyChildren.org Flu English site and Flu (Gripe) Spanish site. The AAP Childhood and Adolescent Vaccine Education Series (YouTube series) features AAP member pediatricians answering common questions about children’s vaccinations and tips on finding correct information online.
Fact Sheets for Families
Influenza (Flu): What You Need to Know — This AAP Pediatric Patient Education handout is available in 12 languages: English, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin), French, Haitian Creole, Hmong, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Somali and Vietnamese.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) or Influenza - How to Tell — Compares similarities and differences of COVID-19 symptoms in children, offers care advice for parents and explains when parents should call the doctor.
More Parent and Caregiver Influenza Resources
- CDC Influenza (Flu) webpage – Find general influenza information and resources.
- CDC Flu Information for Parents with Young Children – Find information and resources on influenza, prevention and treatment.
- For additional guidance on influenza, health care professionals are encouraged to utilize the resources provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC provides regular updates via its web resources and email alerts.
- Find resources and educational materials for families about influenza, as well as stories from families impacted by influenza.
- Vaccine-related adverse events (possible side effects) are reported to VAERS for tracking and informational purposes. Parents can visit this to learn about vaccine adverse events.
- Watch stories from families impacted by influenza.
American Academy of Pediatrics