The NICU Verification Process is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Submit a preliminary application.
- This application provides basic contact information and identifies the neonatal intensive care units (NICU’s) desired level of care.
- Complete your neonatal program description and a pre-review questionnaire (PRQ).
- The AAP will send the facility information pertaining to the neonatal program description and the PRQ. Once completed, the facility will submit all completed documentation for surveyor review prior to the NICU verification survey.
- Host a multidisciplinary survey team for a NICU verification survey.
- NICU verification surveys can be conducted either virtually or onsite. Decisions pertaining to virtual, or onsite verification surveys will be determined on an individual basis and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The AAP will identify surveyors with the appropriate clinical expertise to perform the verification survey.
- After the completion of the verification survey, the AAP survey team will complete and submit a final survey report to the facility.
Rates are based on the level of survey needed (Level II, Level III, Level IV). Please Contact the NICU Verification Program team for information about fees.
American Academy of Pediatrics