Supply and Ordering
Nirsevimab purchase cost
The private-sector cost for nirsevimab is:
- $495 per dose for 50mg and 100mg doses
- $990 per dose for a 200mg dose (Two 100mg doses)
As with other vaccines, your practice will need to determine how to order and stock the right amount of product. Demand from families, cost to purchase and storage space are factors that drive how much your practice should/is able to order.
When placing your order, consider the following in determining your order size:
- How many patients were born after March 1, 2023?
- What is the monthly average of new patients who are newborns?
- What % of these patients are likely to be under 5kg?
- How many patients who will be 8-19 months of age during the RSV season are at high risk and meet the eligibility criteria for nirsevimab during their 2nd RSV season?
- What percentage of your patients are insured privately?
- How much enthusiasm for this product is there in your practice? What % of families do you believe will agree to nirsevimab?
- How much storage space is in your vaccine refrigerators? (Remember that this product will be administered during influenza season, and as new COVID-19 vaccines become available.)
- How much cash is available to purchase this product? What financing options are available to purchase this product?
- The formulation of nirsevimab will not change from year to year.
- Nirsevimab has a shelf life of about 18 months.
- Nirsevimab can be returned after it expires, similar to other Sanofi vaccine products.
- Nirsevimab can be ordered as often as desired and in any quantity (there is no minimum order). The product will come in the following pack sizes:
- Five 50 mg/0.5 mL single-dose pre-filled syringes in a carton
- Five 100 mg/mL single-dose pre-filled syringes in a carton
For additional guidance on ordering vaccines, please see the AAP Ordering Vaccines page.