As nirsevimab is the first product of its kind, there are many things to consider during the first season of implementation. Below are various resources to support implementation in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Ambulatory/Outpatient Practice Resources
- Practice Readiness Checklist: Use this checklist to assess your practice’s readiness to administer nirsevimab to patients.
- Nirsevimab Implementation Guide: Use this guide as you roll out nirsevimab to patients.
- Nirsevimab Administration Visual Guide: Use this guide to help determine if and what dose is needed for administration.
- Immunization Information Statement: Provide this VIS-like information to parents/caregivers when administering nirsevimab.
- Vaccine Refusal/Declination form: Document declination from any patient who is eligible (use the “other” category).
- Coding Guidance: Initial guidance is included in the resources above but check in with the AAP on the latest coding guidance for nirsevimab.
American Academy of Pediatrics