Nirsevimab Supply and Prioritization Updates: November 8, 2023
Anne Edwards, MD, FAAP
AAP Chief Medical Officer
Kevin Chatham-Stephens, MD, MPH, FAAP
Acting Preparedness and Response Lead – Immunization Services Division (ISD)
Meredith McMorrow, MD, MPH, FAAP
Chief, Surveillance and Prevention Branch
Coronavirus and Other Respiratory Viruses Division
Sarah Meyer, MD, MPH
Chief Medical Officer, Immunization Services Division (ISD)
Manisha Patel, MD, MS, MBA
Chief Medical Officer, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
Charlene Wong, MD, MSHP
Senior Advisor for Health Strategy, Immediate Office of the Director
Ayanna Santos, PharmD
Associate Vice President, Head of RSV Franchise - US
- 3:30 Dr. Chatham-Stephens’ presentation “Nirsevimab Supply and Prioritization Updates”
- 13:45 Please provide updates regarding the 100mg doses of nirsevimab based on the October 23, 2023 HAN detailing interim CDC recommendations during this shortage
- 16:05 What is the status of supply for the 50mg doses of nirsevimab?
- 16:51 Based on the limited supply of 50mg nirsevimab doses, will there be additional CDC recommendations for prioritization?
- 18:13 Can two 50mg doses be administered in place of one 100mg dose?
- 19:12 If distribution is uneven in a specific state or jurisdiction, is there anything that can be done to ameliorate the circumstance?
- 20:39 What is the prioritization for tribal clinics considering this high-risk group?
- 23:05 Are Sanofi or AstraZeneca planning to manufacture additional nirsevimab supply for this season?
- 24:00 Why is it taking so long for clinics to receive nirsevimab supply?
- 26:30 How can we help families find nirsevimab during these distribution challenges?
- 27:53 How is the CDC working with birthing hospitals to provide access to our youngest patients?
- 33:05 Should babies who have contracted RSV receive a dose of nirsevimab following this diagnosis?
- 33:05 Regarding prioritization, should nirsevimab supply be administered now or should some stock be saved for later in the season?
- 34:25 Is borrowing between VFC and commercial stock still allowed for this season?
- 36:23 What is the guidance for the scenario where VFC stock is borrowed and then commercial stock is not received?
- 38:04 Has there been issues with private insurers covering nirsevimab?
- 42:30 How do pediatricians learn specifics about their nirsevimab allocation?
- 44:25 Is CDC planning to conduct research to anticipate uptake of the maternal RSV vaccine to inform the demand for next season?
- 47:23 Can you provide more information on barriers for hospitals regarding coverage, payments, and nirsevimab access?
- 48:39 How available is the maternal RSV vaccine?
- 53:03 What is Sanofi doing to understand root causes and planning for next season, 2024-2025?
- 54:48 What are key points for participants for this 2023-2024 season?
RSV product information and practice implementation resources mentioned in this webinar can be found on the RSV patient care page.