Join the SOECP today. Find your home at the AAP.
With countless opportunities for you to get involved, find fellowship, and advance your career, there are so many reasons to continue your AAP membership as an early career physician. Like the Section on Pediatric Trainees, the Section on Early Career Physicians offers a connection to pediatrics beyond access to timely guidelines in pediatric care.
Finding and fueling your passion can be just the antidote you need to burnout. The SOECP has over 80 leadership positions that enable you to gain leadership experience and connect with the reasons that you went into medicine. Meet other members and work together on projects and initiatives outside of your FTE. Opportunities exist to influence child health advocacy efforts, promote physician wellness, encourage meaningful mentorship, develop leadership training programs, and more. Join us and we’ll help you find your home at the AAP.
Are you already a member? Check out our Members-Only Collaboration Site to get access to resources exclusive to our members.
What are the benefits of joining the Section on Early Career Physicians? You’ll get access to:
- Networking opportunities online, in person, and through social media
- Scholarships, grants, and awards, such as our AAP Advocacy Conference Scholarship and other Section Awards
- Leadership positions on SOECP Workgroups to advance the strategic initiatives of the Section and liaison positions to other Academy and external groups
- Leadership training through members-only webinars and the Section’s Early Career Leadership Alliance program
- Advocacy tools and resources that fit into the lives of busy early career physicians
- Mentoring relationships through the online AAP Mentorship Program
- Dedicated sessions at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition featuring topics pertinent to early career pediatricians
- Timely communication via the What's New monthly eNewsletter and regular updates sent through the Section Listserv
Click here to join the SOECP!
American Academy of Pediatrics