Resources from the AAP:
- Suicide Prevention: A Resource for Teens: This brochure and poster for young people are meant to help them recognize signs of mental health concerns in themselves or their friends. It also describes how to have important conversations that can get them the right support.
- Suicide Prevention: A Resource for Parents and Caregivers: This brochure and poster for parents and caregivers are meant to help them recognize warning signs, learn strategies to support their children, and seek clinical help for mental health concerns.
- Talking about Suicide Risk with Patients and Families: This 1-page clinical resource for pediatric health clinicians describes ways to support conversations about suicide risk by universal screening, patient-centered care, inclusive language, and confidentiality.
- CALM for Pediatric Providers: Counseling on Access to Lethal Means to Prevent Youth Suicide: This course from AAP and the New Hampshire Firearm Safety Coalition provides information about how to have comfortable, practical conversations about safeguarding guns that can help achieve safer outcomes.
- Youth Suicide Prevention: Strategies for Clinical Settings:This two-page resource provides a brief overview of strategies to address youth suicide prevention in clinical settings. It was created by the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention as part of the Blueprint for Youth Suicide Prevention.
- Youth Suicide Prevention: Strategies for Community and School Settings: This one-page resource provides a brief overview of strategies and partnerships to address youth suicide prevention in community and school settings. It was created by the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention as part of the Blueprint for Youth Suicide Prevention.
- Advocacy and Policy Strategies to Advance Youth Suicide Prevention: This one-page resource outlines advocacy and policy strategies to address youth suicide prevention. It was created by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Foundation for Suicide prevention as an addendum to the Blueprint for Youth Suicide Prevention.
- AAP Suicide Prevention Campaign Toolkit: This toolkit from AAP provides videos, infographics, and posters to address youth suicide prevention strategies in clinical and community settings.
- AAP Mental Health Initiatives Page: This page provides access to AAP educational materials, practice tools, and resources to promote healthy mental development in children and adolescents.
- AAP Policies on Mental Health and Healthy Mental Development: This page provides access to AAP policies on mental health and healthy mental development.
- Suicide Risk and Telehealth: This video from AAP outlines considerations for screening for suicide risk and providing appropriate support when caring for youth in a telehealth environment.
- The AAP Mental Health in Schools: This page describes the role of the pediatrician in advancing support for the emotional and behavioral wellbeing of young people in schools, describes information about providing mental health services and supports through school-hired mental health professionals; and supporting students with depression in schools.
Resources from Other Organizations:
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Academy of Pediatrics