Pediatricians play a key role in advocating and caring for LGBTQ+ children, youth, and families. We have assembled a collection of resources and recommendations to help care for this community.
Learn more about the recommendations and clinical guidelines for providing care to LGBTQ+ patients and families.
- Office-Based Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning Youth
- Ensuring Comprehensive Care and Support for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Children and Adolescents
- Promoting the Well-Being of Children Whose Parents Are Gay or Lesbian
- Enhancing the Pediatric Workforce Diversity and Providing Culturally Effective Pediatric Care: Implications for Practice, Education, and Policy Making
- Nondiscrimination in Pediatric Health Care
- Creating Work and Learning Environments Free of Gender-Based Harassment in Pediatric Health Care
- Words Matter: AAP Guidance on Inclusive, Anti-biased Language
Professional Tools & Resources
The resources below provide information and guidance for pediatricians and other providers caring for the LBGTQ+ community.
Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, and Patient- and Family-Centered Care for the LGBTQ+ Community: A Field Guide
Resources for Communities
American Academy of Pediatrics