Bright Futures is a national health care promotion and disease prevention initiative that uses a developmentally based approach to address children's health care needs in the context of family and community. Its purpose is to promote and improve infant, child, and adolescent health within the context of family and community. Bright Futures offers many different resources for health care or public health professional, a parent, a child advocate and others to use in improving and maintaining the health of all children and adolescents.
Building Your Medical Home: An Introduction to Pediatric Primary Care Transformation
The National Center for Medical Home Implementation presents a
brand new resource that provides direction, resources, and tools to
pediatric medical home clinicians and practices seeking to advance their
knowledge and understanding of the medical home concept as it relates
to practice transformation.
Clinical Practice Guidelines and Policy Implementation
See here for more information about the Partnership for Policy
Implementation and the AAP’s approach to developing Clinical Practice
Practice Transformation Web pages
AAP members seeking guidance on transforming their practices to face the rapidly changing healthcare environment can access free resources on the newly revised Practice Transformation Web pages at www.aap.org/practicetransformation. The site includes a practice transformation implementation guide, as well as resources and guidance on coding and getting paid, re-engineering pediatric practice, managing patients, and advancing your career in the new healthcare system. For additional information, contact email@example.com.
The site features a wealth of resources for pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists, including:
Quality Improvement in the Practice
- A practice transformation implementation guide, which includes 5 modules on leading practice change, team-based care, population health, quality improvement and alternative payment models. These 5 modules contain step-by-step strategies, practical tools and training materials to advance your practice's staffing and operations for the future.
- Resources on Managing Your Career, which includes extensive content for all career stages, from pediatric trainees making early career decisions, to those who are interested in opening a new private practice, to those who are making career transitions or retiring from practice.
- Practice management resources, such as for Managing the Practice, Coding and Getting Paid.
- Content to help members understand and respond to the changing demands of the health care system, such as the implementation of telehealth care, value-based payment, and population health.
- Resources on managing patient care, which includes partnering with youth and families, addressing low health literacy and care coordination.
See here for information about the AAP Quality Agenda along with
information about opportunities to engage in quality improvement
activities, Maintenance of Certification and clinical practice
guidelines and policy implementation.
Solutions for Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) provides a number of options to
meet Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements, as defined by the
American Board of Pediatrics. The AAP provides various activities
approved for MOC Part 2 and Part 4 credits, and can help AAP groups
develop MOC activities through the AAP MOC Portfolio Program. For more
information about AAP activities to support members’ MOC needs, visit
the AAP MOC Web page.