Join the SOID today. Enhance your career by helping children and learning about the latest infectious disease topics.
The SOID needs your membership and support. Join your colleagues and you will have access to tangible member benefits and numerous opportunities to connect, learn, and engage in volunteer activities. Here’s just a sample of the member value the SOID has to offer.
Members in the SOID do amazing things for children and their families. We need your help to support key federal advocacy issues and initiatives of key importance to pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, pediatric surgical specialists and other nonphysician clinicians.
Policies, Guidelines, and Research
SOID members participate in the development and/or review of policies, guidelines, and research in the pediatric infectious disease field. Join the SOID and help with the technical review of AAP policies, external policies, and endorsement requests.
Members in the SOID develop and have easy access to the ‘gold-standard’ in information and educational resources. SOID members provide evidence-based information to other healthcare providers and families, directly impacting infectious disease related clinical care. SOID members also receive an additional member discount on PREP Infectious Diseases online self-assessments. Other educational opportunities include:
- Live Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses
- Opportunity to participate as faculty at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition
- Development of and discounts on Practical Pediatrics and other AAP CME courses
- Access to PediaLink “Challenging Cases” Online Courses
- Opportunities to develop parent education material
Members in the SOID engage in activities to enhance their careers and help kids at the same time. Here are just a few of the ways in which members can network, contribute, and develop career pathways:
- Serve as an AAP representative at meetings, with external organizations or on a clinical practice guideline work group
- Serve as Training Fellow Liaison on the Executive Committee
- Serve on the AAP Editorial Board for PREP and PREP Subspecialties
- Access to the regular published SOID Newsletter
- Write for the AAP News Focus on Subspecialties column
- Serve on the Section Executive Committee and Subcommittee positions
- Access to grants and awards such as SOID travel grants, the SOID Award for Lifetime Contribution in Infectious Diseases Education, and the S. Michael Marcy Visiting Professor Program
American Academy of Pediatrics