Section Membership is open to the following Member types:
- Associate Members
- Candidate Members
- Corresponding Fellows
- Fellowship Trainees
- Honorary Fellows
- National Affiliates
- Medical Students
- Senior Member
- Specialty Fellows
SOOH Membership Price
Assoc. Members, Fellowship Trainees, Medical Students and Residents
All other National member types
*These prices are in addition to National dues
Association Members are practicing pediatric dentists
Section Affiliate membership
Pediatric dentists who are members or former members of the AAPD who no longer participate in announced practice, education, or research in the field of pediatric dentistry.
General dentists who have demonstrable interest in pediatric dentistry and children's oral health and have a license to practice dentistry in the US.
Dentists who are educationally qualified in one of the other specialty areas of dentistry recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA) who have demonstrable interest in pediatric dentistry and children's oral health.
Dentists who practice outside the US whose practice, teaching, or research are primarily in the area of pediatric dentistry and who do not meet the educational requirement described for active membership above.
Allied health professionals – including dental hygienists, dental assistants, and pediatric nurses are also welcome to join as affiliate members. Allied health professionals must be currently licensed or submit a letter of recommendation from an AAP Fellow or Associate Member.
Allied Health Professionals must submit:
- Copy of license or letter of recommendation from an AAP Fellow in good standing
Individuals who are not otherwise eligible for membership who have made unusual or outstanding contributions to the field of pediatric dentistry or children's oral health may be nominated by a voting member for complimentary honorary membership. The nominating member shall submit substantiating evidence, which will be reviewed and subject to vote by the Executive Committee.
All Affiliate applicants must submit:
- A copy of applicable license
- MD or DO physicians certified by an ABMS board other than pediatrics and who are also certified practicing Pediatric Dentists. Applicants should submit a copy of their certification in pediatric dentistry and a copy of their board certification.
- MD or DO physicians who are board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and spend at least 50% of their time in clinical care, teaching or research with pediatric-aged patients.
Applicants must submit:
- A copy of board certification
- Summary letter validating that at least 50% of their time in clinical care, teaching, or research is with pediatric-aged patients
American Academy of Pediatrics