COVID-19 Town Hall: January 6, 2022
James Campbell, MD, MS, FAAP
Member, AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases
Professor, Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Bonnie Maldonado, MD, FAAP
Chairperson, AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases
Professor, Departments of Pediatrics and of Health Research and Policy;
Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases; and Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Development, Stanford University School of Medicine
Sonja O’Leary, MD, FAAP
Chairperson, AAP Council on School Health
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics University of Colorado School of Medicine;
Medical Director, Denver Health, School-Based Health Centers
- 9:38 What is the latest on the Omicron variant?
- 11:43 Who are the kids who are being hospitalized right now?
- 15:01 How are schools approaching the spread of Omicron?
- 17:20 How can we navigate quarantine and isolation guidelines?
- 21:45 When will COVID become endemic instead of pandemic?
- 25:07 How do we navigate masking for children after isolation?
- 30:02 When should we be testing and what types of testing should be used?
- 33:08 What is the latest with test-to-stay in schools?
- 35:23 What are the latest updates about COVID vaccines?
- 40:02 How do we think about who is considered “up-to-date” on vaccines?
- 46:05 What is the latest on antivirals?
- 51:55 What do we need to support kids moving forward?
- 53:30 What is the status of the Moderna trials for children?
- 57:25 What words of encouragement do you have for our children and for each other?