Presented by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Medical Student Committee
Section on Pediatric Trainees (SOPT)
The Pediatric Interest Group of the Year award recognizes an exceptional medical student pediatric interest group. Applicant schools are judged in a number of areas, including interest group programming and involvement in the annual AAP SOPT advocacy campaign. The winning medical student interest group will receive guaranteed scholarships for two (2) members to attend the annual National Conference and Exhibition (NCE) in the fall and will be recognized during the NCE Medical Student Committee (MSC) programming. Pediatric Interest Groups at medical campuses across the various districts are encouraged to apply. One application per medical school will be considered. Applications that do not follow instructions or adhere to word limits may not be considered.
The AAP MSC will evaluate all applications based on the following:
- Chapter structure and operation
- Exposure to pediatrics and pediatricians
- Involvement in state chapter, district, and national activities
- Improvements and innovations in the interest group over the past year
- Promotion of annual advocacy campaign -- Partnering for Resilience: Learn, Empower, and Connect to Address Toxic Stress -- Check out the website for more information on how to get involved!
This year, NCE will be held in Chicago, IL from September 16-17, 2017. Applications have closed for this cycle, but please reapply next spring!