Celebrating the diversity of children and families and promoting nurturing, inclusive environments means actively opposing intolerance, bigotry, bias and discrimination. The AAP is committed to using policy, advocacy and education to encourage inclusivity and cultural effectiveness for all.
The following is a list of AAP policy statements that address youth and family equity:
- Eliminating Race - Based Medicine
- Impact of Racism on Child and Adolescent Health
- Caring for American Indian and Alaska Native Children and Adolescents
- Immunizing Against Hate: Overcoming Asian American and Pacific Islander Racism
- Truth, Reconciliation, and Transformation: Continuing on the Path to Equity
- Providing care for Children in Immigrant Families
- Ensuring Comprehensive Care and Support for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Children and Adolescents
Professional Tools & Resources
Looking for ways to get involved in this work? Find out how you can make a difference through the ongoing work by these sections, councils, and committees.