The Section on Early Career Physicians has an executive committee made up of ten voting members, representing each of the 10 AAP Districts. Each position is a three year term (eligible for 6 years total).
The duties of the members of the Section Executive Committee include the following:
- Represent your district with regard to early career physician issues
- Attendance at the following meetings each year (with travel expenses covered the AAP):
- SOECP Executive Committee Winter Meeting - January
- Annual Leadership Forum (ALF) - March
- District Meeting - dates vary, June-August
- SOECP Executive Committee Meeting at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition - October
- Participate in executive committee conversations by email (frequent) and conference calls (2-3 per year) to discussion Section initiatives and make decisions on Section programs
- Serve as co-chair on Section's subcommittees, as needed
- Submit 1-2 articles per year for the Section newsletters
- Collaborate with AAP chapters, sections, committees, and staff
If you are interested in serving on the Section’s executive committee, please e-mail
Julie Raymond for more information.