The Section on Young Physicians has a liaison to the Pediatric Review Education Program (PREP) Advisory Group. The purpose of this position is to bring young members’ views to the advisory group.
The Pediatrics Review and Education Program (PREP), established in 1979, is one of the Academy’s premier continuing medical education and self-assessment programs. The two components of PREP The Curriculum® are the annual Self-Assessment Exercise and the monthly journal, Pediatrics in Review. PREP The Curriculum® is based on the annual content specifications, or knowledge statements, provided to the Academy by the American Board of Pediatrics.
The PREP Advisory Group provides oversight and direction for PREP The Curriculum® and the Pediatric UPDATE program. Recommendations on the overall programs are made and presented to the Advisory Committee to the Board on Education. Members of the PREP Advisory Group include Academy members with lifetime and time-limited certificates.Member Responsibilities:
- To attend and participate in the annual meeting of the PREP Advisory Group.
- To assist the Academy in assuring that PREP The Curriculum® and Pediatric UPDATE meet the ACCME Essentials and Guidelines for Continuing Medical Education.
- To make recommendations regarding the medical content, curriculum changes, evaluation procedures, and program enhancements for PREP The Curriculum®.
- To consider additional programs or products related to PREP The Curriculum® through which the Academy might meet the continuing education needs of its members.
- To provide feedback on the relationship of PREP The Curriculum® to other Academy continuing medical education programs, and about cooperative efforts with the American Board of Pediatrics.
- To review the Pediatric UPDATE program and make recommendations for speakers and content.
- To suggest new members of the PREP Advisory Group.
The young physician term is 3 years. If you are interested in serving as PREP liaison, please contact Julie Raymond
If you have PREP ideas for our current liaison, please e-mail Elizabeth (Kaili) Stehel, MD