Save the date! The American Academy of Pediatrics 2018 Legislative Conference will take place in Washington, DC April 8-10, 2018.
During the conference, participants will learn how to become effective child health advocates through interactive workshops and in-depth training sessions, while networking with pediatricians, residents and medical students from across the country.
Why should you attend the Legislative Conference? To be a strong voice for children!
- Select specific advocacy skills-building workshops based on your interests, from the art of negotiation to crafting your message.
- Experience the legislative process through hands-on work sessions.
- Visit with your members of Congress and their staff on Capitol Hill.
- Hear firsthand from distinguished guest speakers and policy experts about timely child health issues.
- Learn about policy priorities impacting children and pediatricians.
- Network with other advocates and AAP leaders from across the country.
The 2018 Legislative Conference Scholarship Application is now available! The deadline to apply is December 14, 2017 (Midnight EST).
For information on registration and other conference details, please visit https://shop.aap.org/2018-legislative-conference/. Please send any questions to LegislativeConference@aap.org.
We hope to see you in Washington in 2018!