Below is a schedule of news briefings for the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference & Exhibition taking place Sept. 15-19 in Chicago. Journalists who wish to attend must first check in at the press room, room Grant Park CD in Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, for media credentials.
Meet the authors of highlighted abstracts in the Press Office for lunch and interviews.
- 12:15 -1:15 p.m. CT Saturday, Sept. 16
- Room Grant Park CD, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Press Office)
- Research includes new findings on the impact of the opioid crisis on teens and children; injuries to children from playground slides, golf carts, and firearms; concussions in female versus male youth athletes; and more.
- Embargoed abstracts available in advance to credentialed media.
NEWS CONFERENCE ON TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS
News briefing and Q&A session on new recommendations to be published Sept. 18 by the AAP on adolescent and young adult tattooing, piercing and scarification.
- 9:30 a.m. Monday, Sept. 18
- Room W185 A, McCormick Place
- Dr. Cora Breuner, chair of the AAP Committee on Adolescence, will present a new AAP Clinical report, "Adolescent and Young Adult Tattooing, Piercing, and Scarification." The report addresses forms of body modification and potential implications for the social, mental and physical health of teens and young adults.
- Video and b-roll available.
- Embargoed copies of clinical report available in advance to credentialed media.