Practice Based Learning and Improvement
Residents will educate themselves, medical students, and others regarding breastfeeding.
- Participate in the development of educational materials on breastfeeding.
Activities and Evaluation Strategies
- Deliver a presentation of the 2-3 most common reasons given by mothers for discontinuing breastfeeding within the first month, and strategies for minimizing these outcomes:
Portions of the Management of Common Breastfeeding Situations Presentation can be used for this lecture.
- Insufficient milk production
- Problems with attachment (milk transfer and latch)
- Lack of maternal confidence
Teaching evaluation of lecture given.