Updated January 2019
What's New with HPV Vaccine
Tip: Check back often for the latest information regarding HPV vaccine!
- Help Families Understand HPV's Real Risks
- A post about HPV from AAP Voices, the official blog of the American academy of Pediatrics, where AAP member pediatricians and others share their perspectives on a wide variety of topics relating to children's health and wellness.
FDA statements for Gardasil, Cervarix and Gardasil 9
- Vaccine Information Statements (VISs) are information sheets produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). VISs explain both the benefits and risks of a vaccine to adult vaccine recipients and the parents or legal representatives of vaccinees who are children and adolescents. Federal law requires that VISs be handed out whenever certain vaccinations are given (before each dose).
ACIP recommendations for 9vHPV
- The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) provides advice and guidance to the Director of the CDC regarding use of vaccines and related agents for control of vaccine-preventable diseases in the civilian population of the United States.
MMWR: Use of 9-Valent Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine
- Updated HPV Vaccination Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice
- AAP Pediatrics: Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Effectiveness and Herd Protection in Young Women
- A study showing evidence the HPV vaccine has been effective in a community setting in offering protection against HPV strains and offering herd protection since its introduction 11 years ago.