Learn more about Vaccine Storage and Handling and make effective change in your practice!
Vaccine Storage and Handling Resources
- AAP Vaccine Storage and Handling Tip Sheet Series
- CDC Storage and Handling Resources
- Immunization Action Coalition Resources
"CDC eLearn: Immunization: You Call the Shots-Module Ten-Storage and Handling—2018"
This module is the tenth in a series titled Immunization: You Call the Shots and focuses on storage and handling requirements for vaccines. The series is designed to provide key immunization knowledge in a very basic step-by-step manner. It presents practice-oriented content about immunization. It does not discuss the denser more complex material regarding epidemiology, disease transmission, etc.
Keys to Storing and Handling Your Vaccine Supply
This video is designed to decrease vaccine storage and handling errors by demonstrating recommended best practices and addressing frequently asked questions (FAQs)
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Define and explain cold chain management.
- Describe the components of routine and emergency procedures for vaccine storage and handling.
- Describe the roles of the primary and back-up coordinators and other staff in the storage and handling of vaccines.
- Describe proper vaccine storage and temperature monitoring equipment.
- Describe correct vaccine and diluent storage and handling for routinely recommended vaccines.
- Describe correct vaccine storage, handling, and disposal of routinely recommended vaccines.
- Identify actions that should be taken if vaccines have not been stored properly.
- Implement disease detection and prevention health care services (e.g., smoking cessation, weight reduction, diabetes screening, blood pressure screening, immunization services) to prevent health problems and maintain health.
Practice Change Tools
Complete a practice-improvement project. A sample is available.
To discuss practice-change consider joining the Community of Immunizers Listserv. E-mail email@example.com, to join.