Learn more about Vaccine Storage and Handling and make effective change in your practice!
Vaccine Storage and Handling Resources
- AAP Vaccine Storage and Handling Tip Sheet Series
- CDC Storage and Handling Resources
- Immunization Action Coalition Resources
"CDC eLearn: Immunization: You Call the Shots-Module Ten-Storage and Handling—2017"
"This module is the tenth in a series titled Immunization: You Call the Shots and focuses on storage and handling requirements for vaccines.
The series is designed to provide key immunization knowledge in a very basic step-by-step manner. It presents practice-oriented content about immunization. It does not discuss the denser more complex material regarding epidemiology, disease transmission, etc.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Define and explain cold chain management.
- Describe the components of routine and emergency procedures for vaccine storage and handling.
- Describe the roles of the primary and back-up coordinators and other staff in the storage and handling of vaccines.
- Describe proper vaccine storage and temperature monitoring equipment.
- Describe correct vaccine and diluent storage and handling for routinely recommended vaccines.
- Describe correct vaccine storage, handling, and disposal of routinely recommended vaccines.
- Identify actions that should be taken if vaccines have not been stored properly.
- Implement disease detection and prevention health care services (e.g., smoking cessation, weight reduction, diabetes screening, blood pressure screening, immunization services) to prevent health problems and maintain health.
Complete a practice-improvement project. A sample is available.
To discuss practice-change consider joining the Community of Immunizers Listserv. E-mail email@example.com, to join.