The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is recruiting experienced neonatologists who are members of the AAP Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and neonatal nurses who are members of the National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) to become members of our survey team. The AAP will consider applicants who meet the following criteria:
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) sub-board certification in neonatal-perinatal medicine.
- Participation in the ABP Maintenance of Certification program.
- Practicing clinical neonatology at least 15 years post-fellowship.
- Current in AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program® training.
- NICU leadership experience and any previous experience in program evaluation are preferred.
- Master's degree and licensed as a registered nurse or advanced practice registered nurse
- Current membership in NANN
- Certification by the National Certification Corporation (NCC) or American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Current in AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program® training
- At least 15 years of neonatal intensive care experience (including fellowship)
- Currently employed/practicing in the coordination of care for neonatal patients
A confidentiality agreement and conflict of interest statement are required for all site surveyors. Those selected will need to attend a training seminar and commit to performing six 2-day site surveys per year. A stipend will be offered. All interested applicants should complete a brief Surveyor Interest Form and send a copy of their curriculum vitae in Word or PDF format to NICUVerify@aap.org.