The American Academy of Pediatrics 2017 Legislative Conference will take place in Washington, DC April 23-25, 2017. Register now!
This conference will give pediatricians the opportunity to attend interactive workshops and in-depth training sessions, while networking with more than 100 pediatricians from across the country who share a passion for advocacy.
During the conference, pediatricians will go to Capitol Hill and urge Congress to support strong child health policies. In addition, participants will:
Attend skills-building workshops in negotiation, social media and crafting effective messages
- Hear firsthand from distinguished guest speakers, such as members of Congress, White House officials and federal agency leaders
- Go to Capitol Hill to urge Congress to invest in child health
- Learn about federal policy priorities impacting children and pediatricians
Limited scholarships are available to cover registration costs. Download the application to see if you are eligible. Additional details below:
- The AAP Committee on Federal Government Affairs is offering 10 scholarships to AAP members in good standing who are medical students, residents, fellowship trainees or practicing pediatricians. This scholarship will cover the $575 registration cost. Lodging and travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
- The AAP Section on Pediatric Trainees is offering two scholarships to AAP members in good standing who are medical students, residents or fellowship trainees. This scholarship will cover the $575 registration cost. Lodging and travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
- The AAP Section on Early Career Physicians is offering two scholarships to AAP members in good standing who are early career physicians (in their first 10 years of practice). This scholarship will cover the $575 registration cost. Lodging and travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
Register for the conference today!
The 2017 conference will also include a Pediatric Subspecialty Advocacy Track of specific legislative and skills building workshops uniquely focused on the interests and needs of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists. All attendees who participate in the track will attend the events and workshops on the full conference agenda, with the below modifications/additions:
- A skills-building workshop on how to educate legislators and their staff about your field of expertise, how to credential yourself as a resource to legislators on issues related to your specialty when there isn't legislation moving on that topic, and how to adapt broader legislative priorities to meet your focus and interest
- At least one legislative priority workshop on a subspecialty topic related to an issue impacting specialists and subspecialists (for example, sustaining a robust and specialized pediatric workforce)
- Networking opportunities to meet other pediatricians in other fields and compare advocacy challenges and achievements
If you are interested in learning more about the track and would like to be notified when registration for the conference opens, please email LegislativeConference@aap.org and mention your specific interest in the track.