During the National Conference & Exhibition, AAP Council and Section programs cover clinical matters or research related to subspecialty or special interest areas. Submissions by AAP members, nonmembers, and by health professionals in any field are accepted
Abstract submission for the 2018 National Conference & Exhibition will open January 26, 2018.
Deadline for abstract submission is April 13, 2018. Authors will be notified of the outcome of the review process in early June 2018.
General Submission Guidelines
- Submissions by AAP members, nonmembers, and by health professionals in any field are accepted. Some sections require sponsors for papers whose authors are not members of the section.
- An abstract may
only be submitted to one council or section program, with the exception of the Pediatrics for the 21st Century (Peds 21) program.
Notifications: Final decision will be emailed to the presenting (corresponding) author in
early June 2018 by email; consequently, an accurate email address is critical. If you have not received an email notification by June 30, 2018, contact
- The decision regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
- The presenting author will serve as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- No other authors may be added after the submission deadline has passed.
Conference registration is required for presenting authors. Presenting authors will receive a reduced registration rate for the conference.
- Accepted abstracts are made available to the public online in advance of the meeting and are published in Pediatrics e-supplement following the conference. Presenting author must receive consent to publish from all authors of the abstract.
Submitting an Abstract
All abstracts must been submitted by
April 13, 2018 at 11:59 pm (EDT). Submissions not complete by the deadline will be withdrawn from consideration
- Only online submissions will be considered.
- There is
no fee to submit abstracts.
- Abstract text is limited to
450 words. Up to two images and/or tables are permitted. Image captions do not count toward the word limit.
- Do not include geographic location of institution and/or study site (unless significant element to the study).
- Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word.
- No revisions can be made after the abstract submission deadline.
Please Note: Specific rules may apply for abstracts depending on the program (see each group for specifics).
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- All listed authors must complete a disclosure via the AAP online abstract management system.
- An author's disclosure is
relevant and specific to the content of his/her abstract presentation. If his/her potential conflict of interest relates to other content that will not be discussed in his/her abstract presentation, he/she does not need to disclose those relationships.
For oral abstract presentations, which are designated for
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, an employee of an ACCME-defined commercial interest* is prohibited from being an author or presenter of an abstract that is selected.
For poster presentations, which are not designated for
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™, an employee of an ACCME-defined commercial interest* is allowed to be an author of an abstract that is selected; however, that individual is prohibited from being the person who is responsible for verbally describing the findings on the poster to learners.
* As defined by the Accreditation Council for CME, a
commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients.
Click on the appropriate link below to submit an abstract
Abstracts from previous National Conference & Exhibition presentations are available for viewing online:
If you would like to request a copy of a previously presented abstract, please contact the AAP Division of Library and Archival Services at 630-626-6635.