the National Conference & Exhibition, AAP Council and Section programs
cover clinical matters or research related to subspecialty or special interest areas. Submissions by AAP members, nonmembers,
and by health professionals in any field are
Submissions will be accepted starting Friday, January 29, 2016 at 5:00 pm (EST) for the 2016 AAP National Conference & Exhibition.
General Submission Guidelines
- Deadline to submit is April 8, 2016 at 11:59 pm (EST).
- Only online submissions will be considered.
- There is no fee to submit abstracts.
- Submissions by AAP members, nonmembers, and by health professionals in any field are accepted. Some sections require sponsors for papers whose authors are not members of the section.
- Abstract text is limited to 450 words. Images and tables are permitted. Image captions will not count toward the word limit, however any words or numbers within a table will be count towards the word limit.
- Omit institution names and geographical references in the body of the abstract.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word. Numerals rather than words may be used to indicate numbers.
- All presenting authors, senior authors, and co-authors must disclose any conflicts of interest for CME purposes.
- An abstract may only be submitted to one council or section program, with the exception of the Pediatrics for the 21st Century (Peds 21) program.
- Final decision will be emailed to authors by June 10, 2016.
- Conference registration is required for presenting authors. Presenting authors will receive a reduced registration rate for the conference.
- Accepted abstracts are made available to the public online in advance of the meeting and are published in Pediatrics e-supplement following the meeting. Publication contingent on approval from submitting authors.
- Please Note: Specific rules may apply for abstracts depending on the program (see each group for specifics).
Click on the appropriate link below to submit
- Council on Clinical Information Technology
- Council on Early Childhood
- Council on Foster Care, Adoption, and Kinship Care
- Council on Injury, Violence, and Poison Prevention
- Council on Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Council on School Health
- Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness
- Innovations in Obesity Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment Forum
- Pediatrics for the 21st Century (Peds 21): The Medium Is the Message: How Electronic Media Are Transforming Our Patients' World?
- Provisional Section on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health and Wellness
- Section on Advances in Therapeutics and Technology
- Section on Breastfeeding
- Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- Section on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Section on Critical Care
- Section on Emergency Medicine
- Section on Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Section on Hospital Medicine
- Section on International Child Health
- Section on Medical Students, Residents, and Fellowship Trainees
- Section on Medicine-Pediatrics
- Section on Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Section on Obesity
- Section on Oral Health
- Section on Orthopaedics
- Section on Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Section on Surgery
- Section on Tobacco Control
- Section on Transport Medicine
- Section on Uniformed Services
Abstracts from previous National Conference & Exhibition presentations are available for viewing online:
If you would like to request a copy of a previously presented abstract, please contact the AAP Division of Library and Archival Services at 800/433-9016, ext. 7635.