Provider Curriculum, Part 1
Part 1 focuses on building a foundation of neonatal resuscitation knowledge. The learning activities in Part I include
- Self-study the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Ed
- Provider Exam
- Section 1: Lessons 1-5 (25 questions)
- Section 2: Lessons 6-11 (25 questions)
- You have unlimited attempts to complete Section 1 and 2 of the exam
- eSim Cases
- Provider Exam and eSim Evaluation
Provider Curriculum, Part 2
Part 2 includes the Instructor-led Event (hands-on portion of the course). Activities include
- Register for an Instructor-led Event, which includes:
- Performance and Integrated Skills
- The Performance Skills Station provides an opportunity to practice or review technical hands-on resuscitation skills with instructor assistance.
- The Integrated Skills Station allows the instructor to facilitate more than one scenario and evaluate the learner's readiness for simulation and debriefing.
- Simulation and Debriefing
- Simulation and debriefing provides a safe setting in which to integrate cognitive and technical skills, and focus on team communication and patient safety. The instructor will not coach, assist, or interrupt during a scenario.
- Complete the Instructor-led Event Evaluation
You must register for an NRP 7th edition Instructor-led Event before attending the event. You can either register yourself for events or you can be registered by an instructor or administrator.
Once you complete all steps, the instructor will approve your skills and you will be required to complete a course evaluation. Your eCard will not be generated until the evaluation is completed. You will then have access to your NRP Provider eCard on the Resuscitation Cards page under your Profile.