Making the Most of Your AAP Membership
Being a member of the AAP connects you to more than 66,000 colleagues working together to care for the whole child and allows you to be part of the definitive voice on healthcare and policy development for children.
AAP Members can:
Be an Advocate
federal legislation impacting children and the practice of pediatrics as an AAP
- Stay current with the latest in pediatrics through
AAP News, eBreaking News alerts, and
Be a Lifelong Learner
Be a scholar
- Serve on
national committees and hold leadership positions* that advise on initiatives relevant to your area of expertise
- Engage in faculty appointments, research, and
opportunities to lead policy development and review guidelines as they are developed
- Distinguish yourself as a pediatric expert with the FAAP designation**
Be Connected and Balanced
- Network through membership in a
section or council, and gain access to topic-specific resources
- Join the
AAP Mentorship Program for professional development. Mentorship has been linked to greater productivity, career advancement, and professional satisfaction. Whether you're a mentor, a mentee, or both, you'll find mentoring to be a rewarding part of your experience as an AAP Member.
- Save time and money by using
shop.aap.org to quickly find and purchase discounted AAP publications, subscriptions, meetings, and more. AAP Members receive up to 30% off!
- Gain value through Member Advantage Programs for insurance, credit cards, office supplies, website development, pediatric purchasing programs and more!
*Some member types excluded.
**Only an option for Fellows