Flu2Text: Text Message Reminders for 2nd Flu Shot
Lead Researchers: Melissa Stockwell, MD, MPH (Columbia University)
Alexander Fiks, MD, MSCE (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
What Questions will this Study Answer?
- If text messages are sent to parents to remind them to bring in their child for their second dose of the flu vaccine, will this impact
when the child gets their second shot?
- What are parent characteristics that might modify the effectiveness of text message reminders for the child's second flu shot?
Summary of Study Design:
- National randomized control trial
- Parent-child dyads randomized within practices to either receive text messages or usual care
- 50 national PROS practices
- PROS practices will enroll up to 4,000 parents-child dyads over two flu seasons
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
Click here to see a full listing of PROS publications.