Stop-HPV: Improving HPV Vaccination Delivery in Pediatric Primary Care
Peter Szilagyi, MD, MPH (University of California, Los Angeles)
Alexander Fiks, MD, MSCE (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
What Questions will this Study Answer?
- Will training pediatricians and nurse practitioners in
communication skills, providing them prompts to remind that their patient is eligible for HPV vaccination and
feedback on performance:
- reduce the number of missed opportunities to vaccinate
- increase HPV vaccination rates?
- Is using training, prompts and feedback for HPV vaccination cost effective?
Summary of Study Design:
- Multi-phase randomized control trial
- Arm 1 practices will receive training in communication skills performance and prompts. Arm 2 practices will be a control group.
- 44 national PROS practices
- February 2017-January 2022
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) - Grant # 1R01CA202261-01A1
Click here to see a full listing of PROS publications.