Since 1997, the Graduating Resident Survey has monitored residents' training and job search experiences. A random sample of third-year pediatric residents is surveyed as they complete their residency training each year. A new topic, such as training in childhood obesity, is explored each year in addition to collecting core trend data that is now available for 20 years. The core survey asks residents about their demographic characteristics, training experiences, career intentions, and job search experiences.
Selected trend data are available for the following variables:
- Future clinical practice goals - primary care practice
- Future clinical practice goals - other than primary care practice
- Primary care practice goals by gender
- Desire to choose categorical pediatric residency again
- Having a mentor
- Job search difficulty
- Residents with no job by graduation
- Student loan debt
- Average student loan debt
- Starting post residency salaries - general pediatrics positions
- Starting post-residency salaries
The AAP is most grateful to residents who generously give of their time to complete the Graduating Resident Survey.
For more information about the Graduating Residents Survey, please contact Mary Pat Frintner: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630/626-6664.