Dr. Greydanus received the MD degree from the College of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (Newark) and completed a Pediatric Residency Program at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA) and a Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine from New York University School of Medicine and Bellevue Hospital Center (New York City). Chair of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Western Michigan University School of Medicine. Dr. Greydanus has published extensively on adolescent health and lectured in many countries on adolescent health as well.
Caring for Your Teenager (with Philip Bashe)
With Caring for Your Teenager, parents can access expert information to promote and support positive physical, emotional, cognitive, and psychologic growth in their child. Spanning the full spectrum of adolescent development issues, this easy-to-use handbook helps parents and their children navigate puberty with practical advice from a trusted authority–an essential "survival" guide to meet the challenge of raising a happy, healthy teenager.
- Setting limits and maintaining discipline
- Handling peer pressure and the temptations of cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs
- Dating, sexuality, and sexually transmitted diseases
- Nutrition, body image, and eating disorders
- Changing relationships between teens and other family members
- 12 keys to developing self-esteem
- Hormones and a teenager's changing body
- Medical ailments common to teenagers
- And much more!
- ISBN-13: 978-0-553-37996-8
- Product Code: CB0022
- Publication Date: February 6, 2003
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 606
- Trim Size: 9 inches x 7 inches
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics