Paul R. Stricker, MD, FAAP, is a pediatric and adolescent sports medicine specialist and one of a small number of pediatricians board-certified in sports medicine. In 2000, he was selected by the US Olympic Committee as the first pediatrician on the medical staff for a Summer Olympics delegation. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness and is the 2006 2007 president of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
Dr Paul Stricker official website
Dr Paul Stricker Twitter account
Sports Success Rx: How to Maximize Potential and Minimize Pressure – Your Child’s Prescription for the Best Experience
The perfect prescription for parents and coaches! Too often, excessive pressure to compete results in overuse injuries, overwhelming stress, and burn out. Sports Success℞ will help parents understand why it's important for kids to participate in sports in a safe and healthy way.
Written by a pediatrician who is also board-certified in sports medicine, this book shows caregivers:
- How young bodies develop for sports
- Age-appropriate skills
- Proper conditioning and how it works on a cellular level
- Why some kids compete to win attention
- Safer ways to help kids perform better
- Positive and negative impact on young psyches
- Strategies to overcome obesity and inactivity
It's a great way to help parents redefine success and provide a better, safer sports experience!
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58110-227-7
- Product Code: CB0044
- Publication Date: October 1, 2006
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 218
- Trim Size: 9 inches x 6 inches
- Illustrations: 21 black & white photos
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics