Tanya Remer Altmann, MD, FAAP, is a board-certified pediatrician in private practice; clinical instructor at Mattel Children’s Hospital at the University of California, Los Angeles; and mother of 3 young children.
Dr. Tanya’s Official website
Dr. Tanya’s Facebook page
Dr. Tanya’s Twitter account
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents’ Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers
A must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on straight-forward, medically-sound advice delivered in the warm, funny and straightforward style that has made author Tanya Altmann, MD, FAAP, a favorite on NBC’s Today show.
Beginning in her residency and continuing throughout her years in practice, Dr. Altmann kept track of the various questions asked by new and experienced parents. Mommy Calls represents what she considers to be the top 101 most common questions parents ask their pediatrician. Sample questions include:
- How can I be sure that my newborn is getting enough to eat?
- What should I do if I think my child swallowed a coin?
- Should I worry that my child has a fever after getting his shots today?
- She feels better – is it safe to play with other children now?
- Does his cut need stiches?
- And most importantly: How do I know when to call the pediatrician?
Organized by category and age group, Mommy Calls is filled with clever tips and fun facts, along with Pediatric Points designed to quickly and clearly communicate important AAP recommendations in easy-to-understand language.
Topics include basic baby care, breastfeeding, formula feeding, solids, milk, and other feeding issues, pooping, stomach aches and vomiting, fever, illnesses, skin, ingestions, injuries and first aid, and sleep.
2008 i-Parenting Award Winner
2008 Midwest Book Award Winner
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58110-295-6
- Product Code: CB0052
- Publication Date: July 29, 2008
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 182
- Trim Size: 8 inches x 5 inches
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5, 6th Edition (with editor-in-chief Steven Shelov, MD, MS, FAAP)
This essential resource from the most respected organization on child health is the one guide pediatricians routinely recommend and parents can safely trust.
- New and updated content includes:
- New chapter on the effects of media and technology exposure in children
- Updated Developmental Disability chapter
- Updated content using the latest cutting-edge research on early brain development
- Updated breastfeeding and nutrition content and policies
- Obesity updates
- Safety standard updates: the latest AAP recommendations, from CPR instruction and immunizations to childproofing tips and product and toy safety
- Updated content dedicated to sleep and allergies (including food allergies)
- Special messages for parents and stepfamilies
- And much more!
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58110-916-0
- Product Code: CB0088
- Publication Date: November 2, 2014
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 892
- Trim Size: 7 inches x 9 inches
- Illustrations: 350 Black & White Illustrations
- Publisher: Bantam