Call for Applications: Global Health Education Course Project Advisory Committee
The Global Health Education Course (GHEC) Project Advisory Committee (PAC) is comprised of a multidisciplinary group of health care professionals with extensive experience in global health work, including education.
The GHEC PAC will work closely with AAP staff to develop GHEC 2024, a course that will educate providers residing in high-resource settings, primarily North America, to work ethically and intentionally in global settings. Past iterations of this course have been held virtually AND in-person and have included high-yield and thought-provoking topics, including emerging and re-emerging diseases, ethics and equity, culture shock and cultural humility, and more.
We are recruiting 6 PAC Members.
Candidate must demonstrate the competencies described below:
- Be a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Have extensive global health experience.
- Have experience with education course development.
- Be available August 10-11, 2024
PAC members will be required to:
- Attend PAC meetings, virtual and in-person
- Demonstrate leadership and advocacy around Global Health Education.
- Contribute to the course development process.
- Participate/lead working groups and/or projects related to GHEC’s mission and report progress on deliverables to the chair and AAP staff for accountability
- Vote on pertinent GHEC topics.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your application here:
Applications will be accepted through March 8, 2024. The new committee member’s term will tentatively begin April 1, 2024.
View the 2023 Course Agenda.
Interested in the Program?
Your inquiry is important to us. To help us route your expression of interests to the appropriate Global Business Development team member and program area, we need a bit of information about your institution and interests.
American Academy of Pediatrics