Features of this 2024 edition include
- Comprehensive code updates.
- Table of Drugs. Locate both generic and brand-name drugs and their corresponding codes based on the amount and route of administration.
- Code level documentation tips. When appropriate, guidance is provided to assist correct coding.
- APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. Determine which codes are payable under OPPS and which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, as well as how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- Comprehensive Drug Information. The C and J code sections include a listing of a common drug(s) to be used for that code. Also, as needed, a coding tip and/or drug notation is provided.
- DMEPOS icon. Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
- In-depth illustrations. Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.
- AHA Coding Clinic® for HCPCS references. Receive additional support with articles on difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
- Color-coded bars and icons. Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Internet Only Manual (IOM) references, age and gender edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes and government coverage and rules for each code. .
- ISBN-13: 978-1-64016-294-5
- Product Code: MA1133
- Publication Date: January 10, 2024
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 500
- Publisher: American Medical Association
- Availability: Pre-Order