Founded in 1999, the SOHM serves as a forum for members with a special interest and commitment to general inpatient pediatric care. Our vision is that:
- Children and families experience a smooth and seamless transition from hospital to primary care medical home.
- Hospital care is of highest quality, safety, efficiency, effectiveness and consistency.
- Children and families experience high satisfaction with their hospital care.
- Section members are optimally prepared to deliver the highest quality care.
- All children deserve access to the highest quality of care.
- In continuous quality improvement and lifelong learning.
- Teamwork and collaboration is critical for pediatric hospital medicine.
- In innovation and discovery.
Membership in the SOHM is open to pediatric hospitalists, general pediatricians, academicians, primary care pediatricians, sub-specialists, residents, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and child life specialists with an active interest and involvement in general inpatient pediatrics. The Section focuses on systems, logistics, and organization of general inpatient pediatric care in addition to relevant clinical issues.
American Academy of Pediatrics