Description of Materials
The American Academy of Pediatrics has learned about numerous counterfeit Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th edition manuals. To guarantee that you receive a genuine AAP-produced resource, purchase the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th edition directly from the AAP at shopAAP.
The textbook incorporates the 2020 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. There are several new features, including:
- Key Points at the beginning of each lesson.
- Quick Response (QR) codes that enable the reader to view short videos about the topic on their mobile device.
- Lesson Review Questions grouped together at the end of each lesson.
- Quality Improvement Opportunities and Frequently Asked Questions in each lesson.
- New sections in Lesson 10 (Special Considerations) about resuscitation of the newborn with myelomeningocele or an abdominal wall defect.
- Three Supplemental Lessons (Improving Resuscitation Team Performance, Resuscitation Outside the Delivery Room, and Bringing Quality Improvement to Your Resuscitation Team) that allow NRP users to enhance their resuscitation knowledge and performance.
Available in these formats:
Quick, one-stop guide to neonatal resuscitation steps. Choose from 3 convenient formats.
Wall Chart (22” x 34”)
Printed on flexible plastic, with self-adhesive mounting strips.
Code Cart Card (8½″ x 11″)
Self-adhesive strips ease on-cart mounting.
Badge Buddy Card (4” x 3½”)
Great take-along for all newborn care providers
New! 8th edition NRP Neonatal Code Medications Card
Quick 2-sided reference card with pre-calculated epinephrine and volume expander doses for babies weighing 0.5 kg – 5 kg and pictoral guide for preparation of epinephrine.
Enhance trainee skills during simulation and debriefing. Review key behavioral skills with your trainees to reinforce communication and teamwork.
Simulate a realistic delivery room setting during your NRP training courses with the NRP Equipment Poster. Features images of a manometer, oxygen blender, pulse oximeter, and more.
The American Academy of Pediatrics is pleased to collaborate with Laerdal on educational tools that support the Neonatal Resuscitation Program. By collaborating on the development of coordinated educational solutions, we extend learning impact and support the mission to help save newborn lives.
- Premature Anne is a realistically proportioned 25-week preterm manikin developed in collaboration with the AAP. Premature Anne is designed to facilitate the training of healthcare professionals in the initiation of proper care and resuscitation of preterm infants.
- SimNewB is an interactive simulator designed by Laerdal with the AAP to meet the training requirements of the NRP. With realistic newborn traits and lifelike clinical feedback, SimNewB helps neonatal healthcare providers improve team dynamics, build confidence, and practice in a risk-free environment.
- Laerdal Scenario Cloud is a content delivery platform providing added value to your neonatal simulations with AAP authored, validated NRP® 8th Edition scenarios for learners of all levels and backgrounds. With Laerdal Scenario Cloud, you can improve outcomes with pre-programmed content mapped to clinical guidelines.
American Academy of Pediatrics