Important COVID-19 Health and Safety Information
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all CME course participants. The AAP has worked diligently with the hotel regarding protocols to create a safe and healthy environment for this event, in accordance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the AAP.
- All registered meeting participants, staff, and guests must comply with all applicable regulations imposed by federal, state, and/or local health authorities and government mandates as well as abide by all safety precautions established by meeting and hotel venues.
- Local, state and/or CDC guidelines will be followed during the meeting, including meals and other functions. All participants are encouraged to wash hands regularly, and hand sanitation stations will be readily available.
- AAP offers a worry-free registration in which you may cancel your in-person registration for a full refund any time prior to the deadline posted on the activity’s shopAAP page.
- Masking and Testing
- The AAP is following CDC guidelines for isolation and precautions, recommending that individuals utilize the calculator to guide masking and testing for those exposed to COVID-19. Access the calculator at Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19 to help you determine if you need to isolate or take other steps to prevent spreading COVID-19, including cancelling your participation in the course.
- Masking is optional. The AAP supports the use of masking, and it will be optional in all meeting spaces.
- Should there be any change in the masking and testing guidance policy, the AAP will send an email to registrants, and announcements will be made onsite at the course.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this health and safety information, please contact the AAP registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waiver and Release
By participating in this American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) educational course, you understand that travel and gathering involves risk of sickness, including sickness from COVID-19. You (and on behalf of your guest(s)) waive and release the AAP and its employees, agents, exhibitors, and others involved in the planning and delivery of this educational course from and against claims, liabilities and expenses arising from injury, sickness or death from contraction or spread of COVID-19 or other communicable disease due to travel to or attendance at an event sponsored by the AAP.
While at the education course and in the AAP function space, you agree to comply with any government, health authority, venue, and/or AAP safety and health requirements and protocols throughout the duration of the course. Protocols may include, but are not limited to, wearing a face covering unless presenting or during meal/snack break (while actively eating or drinking), keeping six (6) feet physical distance from other attendees, frequent hand sanitization, and self-monitoring and self-reporting symptoms. You understand that your failure to comply with any health and safety requirements or protocols or failure to comply with any direction from AAP staff or instructors on site during the course may result in loss of right to attend or participate in the course including forfeiting any registration fees paid.
This waiver and release is binding on you and your heirs and successors.
Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping keep each other healthy. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact AAP Registration at 800-433-9016, option 3 or email@example.com.
American Academy of Pediatrics