Important COVID-19 Health and Safety Information for In-Person Meetings
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all AAP meeting participants and will continue to work diligently in accordance with guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the AAP.
- All registered meeting participants, staff, vendors and guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must also comply with all applicable regulations imposed by federal, state, and/or local health authorities and government mandates as well as abide by all safety precautions established by meeting and hotel venues.
- At present, a person is considered fully vaccinated
- 14 days after their second dose in a two-dose series of the Pfizer and Moderna
- 14 days after a single-dose vaccine of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
- Individuals are required to show proof of vaccination upon arrival at the meeting
The AAP has partnered with CLEAR Health Pass to provide easy proof of COVID-related vaccine status, and attendees, staff, vendors, and guests are required to utilize the CLEAR Health Pass in order to attend the meeting.
To enroll in and complete your Health Pass, please have your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card and driver’s license or passport available and complete the steps below.
- Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
- Select ‘Have a code’ and enter the code AAP2022
- Verify your identity by scanning your driver’s license or passport. Please note that at this time only US or Canadian identification is accepted within the CLEAR app.
- When prompted, take a selfie
- Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination
- As you approach the AAP meeting registration area, reopen the Health Pass tile on your smart phone or tablet and produce your pass. Green is good to go!
- If you have already downloaded and registered with CLEAR, simply press the “Change” link under “Your Pass” and enter the code AAP2022.
Foreign nationals will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination status at the conference. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined that for the purposes of entry into the United States, accepted vaccines will include those FDA approved or authorized, as well as vaccines with an emergency use listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO). Visit the CDC’s website for more details. All forms of proof of COVID-19 vaccination must include your full name and date of birth that match your passport or other travel documents, including the name of an official agency providing the vaccination, the vaccine manufacturer, and date of vaccination.
- Local, state and/or CDC guidelines will be followed during the meeting, including meals and other functions. Adults and children older than 2 years of age are required to wear a mask in all indoor meeting settings. All participants will be encouraged to wash hands regularly, and hand sanitation stations will be readily available. Special accommodation requests can be made at email@example.com.
- AAP offers a worry-free registration in which you may cancel your in-person registration for a full refund any time prior to the start of the meeting.
- If you are unable to comply with all of these requirements, please contact our registration team (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about other AAP educational activities.
Waiver and Release
By participating in this American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) educational meeting, you understand that travel and gathering involves risk of sickness, including sickness from COVID-19. You (and on behalf of your guest(s)) waive and release the AAP and its employees, agents, exhibitors, and others involved in the planning and delivery of this educational meeting from and against claims, liabilities and expenses arising from injury, sickness or death from contraction or spread of COVID-19 or other communicable disease due to travel to or attendance at an event sponsored by the AAP.
While at the education meeting and in the AAP function space, you agree to comply with any government, health authority, venue, and/or AAP safety and health requirements and protocols throughout the duration of the meeting. Protocols may include, but are not limited to, wearing a face covering at all times unless presenting or during meal/snack break (while actively eating or drinking), keeping six (6) feet physical distance from other attendees, frequent hand sanitization, and self-monitoring and self-reporting symptoms. You understand that your failure to comply with any health and safety requirements or protocols or failure to comply with any direction from AAP staff or instructors on site during the meeting may result in loss of right to attend or participate in the meeting including forfeiting any registration fees paid.
You will not attend the meeting (or will immediately leave the course) if you were recently exposed to COVID-19 or experience any symptoms of COVID-19 during or within ten (10) days of the Event including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
This waiver and release is binding on you and your heirs and successors.
Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping keep each other healthy.
American Academy of Pediatrics