Articles that parents might find especially helpful include:
- Where We Stand: Immunizations
The AAP believes immunizations are safe and effective for children. Learn more!
- Recommended Immunization Schedules
View family-friendly vaccine schedules for young children and adolescents.
- Why Immunize Your Child?
This article discusses the need for immunization to protect children from diseases that pose a risk and explains that vaccines are effective.
- Child Immunization Schedule: Why Is It Like That?
Read Q&As about the immunization schedule and why it is best for children to follow it.
- How Vaccines Secure Your Child’s Freedom from Disease
Learn more about how vaccines keep your child safe from disease, which preserves their freedom to be healthy and enjoy life!
- When Can Children Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
Learn more about COVID-19 trials for children, and what to expect as they move forward.
- Managing Your Child’s Pain While Getting a Shot
Read about strategies to keep your child comfortable when it is time to get their shots.
- Vaccine Safety: The Facts
Read and watch a video about how vaccines are safe and work to protect children against diseases.
- Vaccine Studies: Examine the Evidence
Some parents have concerns about vaccines. This page offers summaries of valid, scientific studies that demonstrate vaccines’ safety.
- See Immunization Collection on HealthyChildren.org for additional articles
- CDC Vaccine Resources for Parents
The CDC also offers vaccine resources for families. Learn more about vaccines and the diseases they prevent.
American Academy of Pediatrics