HealthyChildren.org, the official American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) website for parents, is the only parenting website backed by 67,000 pediatricians and includes over 5,000 articles on children's health and safety topics including entire sections with articles on topics related to tobacco, teen substance use and media. Articles are available in English and Spanish with an easy toggle between both languages.
Whether they're seeking general information about children's health, or specific answers to a pediatric issue, parents can be confident and trust in the information they find on HealthyChildren.org.
Check out some of these great articles found on HealthyChildren.org:
- Emerging & Alternative Forms of Tobacco are Dangerous
- Facts for Parents About E-Cigarettes & Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- How Parents Can Prevent Exposure to Thirdhand Smoke
- How to Quit: When the Smoker is You
- Smoke-free Housing
- The Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
- Tips to Keep a Smoke-free Home & Car
- Why are Smoke-free Environments a Big Deal?
Teen Substance Use
- E-cigarettes: Dangerous, Available & Addicting
- Edible Marijuana Dangers: How Parents Can Prevent Pot Poisoning
- For Kids & Teens: Tobacco Education Resources
- For Teens: Straight Talk about Smoking
- Legalizing Marijuana Not Good for Kids: AAP Policy Explained
- Marijuana: What Parents Need to Know
- Teens and Tobacco Use
- Raise the Tobacco-Buying Age to 21: AAP Explains Why
- Glamorizing Addiction: The Problem with Smoking in Movies
- Video Games Still Have a Big Smoking Problem: Here's Why
- Smoking in the Media – The Influence on Children
American Academy of Pediatrics