Developed by the National Resource Center for Patient/Family-Centered Medical Home, the customizable Essential Data for Pediatricians on National Performance Measure 11 (Medical Home) template is a tool to share state-level data on medical home for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and their families from the National Survey for Children's Health with pediatricians. This template provides opportunities for state level agencies, such as state Title V Maternal and Child Health (MCH)/CYSHCN programs and state American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) chapters, to share:
- The number of CYSHCN receiving care through a medical home compared to the national average
- Why the NSCH matters to pediatricians
- How the data impacts state-level programs, initiatives, and policies for CYSHCN and their families
- Who to contact in the state's CYCHSN program for more resources to support CYSHCN and their families through family-centered care
Instructions for Completing the Template
- Download the customizable Essential Data for Pediatricians on National Performance Measure 11 (Medical Home) template
- Fill in information about your state in each of the boxes
- Save document and return to Jamie Jones (email@example.com). The PDF will be enhanced to an “optimized" PDF to ensure readers are able to access hyperlinks.
- The PDF will be returned to user for dissemination.
Contact the National Resource Center for Patient/Family-Centered Medical Home for technical assistance and support with implementing the template in your state. Technical assistance and support may include:
- Connecting state Title V MCH / CYSHCN programs with state AAP chapter
- Development of promotional language for state-specific newsletters
American Academy of Pediatrics