What is the Community of Immunizers
The AAP Childhood Immunization Support Program's
online site for collaboration and discussion for immunizers is an innovative way to provide education, resources, practice improvement projects, and a connection to colleagues who are passionate about immunization.
How do I access the Community of Immunizers
The site requires registration, which is free.
If you are already registered, click
here and bookmark this page.
If you would like to register:
- Identify or Create an AAP ID
For those who need to create an AAP ID, please see the guidance. You do not have to be a pediatrician to receive an AAP ID.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the site. Be sure to include your AAP ID number and put "Community of Immunizers" in the title.
- You will receive a confirmation email with access instructions once you have been added to the site. The process may take up to 3 business days.
Who should join?
All medical staff involved in some part of the immunization delivery process. This includes:
- Physician assistants
- Medical assistants
- Office staff
The site will regularly offer educational modules on new topics, but all topics will remain available to users.
Topics covered include:
- Vaccine Storage and Handling (Summer 2015)
- Vaccine Hesitancy (Winter 2016)
- HPV Vaccine (Summer 2016)
- More to come (Fall 2016)
For each topic, the AAP, through the Community of Immunizers site, will provide:
- Practical resources for your office
- A Webinar, online course, or other education – most will include continuing education credits
- A Special Section of the Immunization Initiatives Newsletter dedicated to the current topic
- A discussion board to pose/answer questions and discuss successes and challenges with peers
- A suggested practice improvement project, PDSA cycle(s) or other practice-change tool