The training toolkit is an education tool for pediatricians, residents, medical home teams, and others to better understand the effects of exposure to violence and how to approach the issue in the pediatric medical home setting. For each topic area, there are 6 components:
- The first is a video vignette that demonstrates techniques to engage in dialogue with patients, children, and adolescents. The user will better understand how to start the conversation with families and appropriate responses when exposure to violence has been identified.
- The second and third components are Power Point slides that provide background on the particular type of violence addressed in the vignette. They can be used as a slide set in a teaching setting or viewed as a Webinar (with audio).
- The fourth component is a set of discussion questions designed to be used in conjunction with the vignette and/or Power Points. They are meant to encourage dialogue in the setting in which care is provided to children who may have been exposed to violence.
- The fifth component is a set of quiz questions, simply to help the user identify key takeaway points for each topic area.
- The sixth and final component is a list of resources - primarily national - that can provide the user with more information on each particular topic area, including additional tools that can be used to identify children exposed to violence and ensure they receive the needed services.
We hope these tools are useful for you. If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please contact AAP staff at email@example.com.
Bullying and CyberbullyingVignettePowerpointDiscussion QuestionsQuiz QuestionsResourcesIntimate Partner ViolenceVignette
Quiz QuestionsResourcesTeen Dating Violence
Quiz QuestionsResourcesCommunity Violence
Additional Educational Vignettes